Information Services & Technology Project Intake Requirement
Some software may meet the criteria that will require a project intake form prior to submitting the software request form.
New software costing $15,000 or more, requires a Project Intake form to be submitted and may require more project related documentation.
New Enterprise software that will be used campus wide, software that will need to pull information from any current UM systems (i.e. Banner or other) or software in any part or as a whole that will add or modify an existing UM webpage (i.e. code, plug-ins, etc.) requires a Project Intake form to be submitted and may require more project related documentation.
Software implementations that will require more than 40 technician hours, requires a Project Intake Form to be submitted and will require collaboration with an Information Services & Technology project manager.
A project is a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result. A project differs from a service ticket in the following areas:
- A project usually takes more than 40 person-hours of work and coordination among multiple departments.
- A project is unique and has not been done in the past; it has a single combination of resources, cost, schedule and objectives. A service ticket however is not unique and can be replicated in its description and solution.
- Service tickets tend to focus on current, immediate needs, while projects include future needs, significant enhancements or changes to a current system.
- A project has a well defined scope, while service tickets have reduced and specific objectives.
Project Intake Process
- Client completes the Project Intake form
- Project Scoring Rubric is uploaded to the form by client
- Solution Center Ticket is created
- Copied to the TAC Projects and Planning Subcommittee chair
- TAC Projects and Planning Subcommittee reviews and prioritizes requested project
- Project is schedule or not based on funding and priority
- Decision and status is provided to the client
- Ticket is Assigned to a Project Manager once in the implementation queue
The IS&T Project Scoring Rubric will be used to score the project. Prior to submitting the IS&T Project Intake Form, we recommend you use the template to score your project. Two factors that will score the project higher are project funding and alignment with the strategic plan and university mission.
Projects will be reviewed and prioritized by the Technology Advisory Council. To submit a request for a new project, please use the IS&T Project Intake Form below.
Current IS&T Projects
OVERALL % COMPLETE
|Upgrade Evisions Products
|Oracle Database Upgrade||91%
|Banner 9 – Self-Service Applications
|Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software selection and Implementation||71%|
|2020-2021 Classroom Upgrades
|VMware / Blade Server upgrades
|Box Migration to OneDrive
|Outdoor WiFi Upgrade||5%|
|Academic WiFi Upgrades||2%|
|UM Bookstore Integration||1%|
|2022 Computer Refresh/Deployment
|2021-2022 Classroom Upgrades
Current IS&T Projects – On Hold
OVERALL % COMPLETE
Pending IS&T Projects
|Event, Calendar and Space Management System
|Degree Audit System