We provide the overall direction and oversight for the University’s tactical marketing and advertising initiatives, designed to present the University to its multiple constituencies, internally and externally, fostering a climate of public and private support to advance the University’s mission.
University Marketing & Communications can help lighten your load by coordinating, placing and tracking marketing efforts for your program. We have access to many avenues of promotion both on and off campus. Contact our office to begin creating your marketing plan and increasing awareness of your department, program or event through free and/or paid advertising.
Experience the spirit of a true college town.
Most “college towns” earn their title simply because their school is the biggest thing in the city. But at the University of Montevallo, we prefer to be an integral part of the community.
The University takes an active interest in the well-being of the community by accepting its role and responsibility as a good citizen. Part of our public relations efforts at the University includes building mutually beneficial relationships within the community.
Our community relations staff
- Develops and expands relationships with community leaders.
- Builds and expands on current/prospective campus and business/community relationships in an attempt to increase potential fundraising, internships and partnerships for the University.
- Represents the University to the community-at-large through the development of relationships with key community groups, external agencies and other organizations.
- Regularly attends meetings of local chambers of commerce and represents the college at external events, both local and state.
- Works with members of the University securing speakers, helping with fundraising events and sharing awareness of opportunities on and off campus.
For more information, contact Kira Thomas.