Alabama’s statewide mask order is set to expire this Friday, April 9. However, after the statewide mask mandate is lifted and until further notice, UM’s campus mask requirement will continue indoors without changes. Masks will continue to be required outdoors on the UM campus only when you can’t stay at least 6 feet apart from people who don’t live with you.
Examples of when individuals do not need to wear a mask outdoors include:
- Walking to and from class
- Sitting outdoors in a group of people who can maintain 6 feet of social distancing
Examples of when individuals need to wear a mask on the UM campus include:
- Attending a social gathering with a group of people who cannot maintain 6 feet of social distancing, including outdoors
- Attending a UM scheduled event, including University and student organization events
- Sitting in a classroom
- Studying in the library
- Campus residents are required to wear a mask unless in the privacy of their room
Appropriate face masks include a cloth face covering or appropriate paper mask that covers both the nose and mouth.
There are no exceptions to the indoor face mask requirement. Students refusing to wear a face mask will be subject to progressive discipline through the student conduct process.
If you test positive for COVID-19, do not come to campus, and please report the positive case to UM at montevallo.edu/reportcovid.