The ALSDE has recently posted the updated certification application for most certification areas. If you are a CACREP Counseling student, contact Christi Ellison for your certification information.
Please note that the application is in pdf format and may not be hand-written. Any application received completed by hand will be returned to you and may delay processing.
All teacher education students, graduating or completing a certification program, should apply for certification with the office of Teacher Education Services.
All applications for certification must be processed through the TES office as the university serves as the recommending institution.
Certification Application Deadlines:
Certification applications for December graduates due by November 1st
Certification applications for May graduates due to by April 1st
Certification applications for students earning a degree in August due by July 1st
TES must wait for transcripts to be finalized by the Registrar’s Office at the end of each term.
Please allow two (2) weeks after the end of each term for processing in our office.
Please note: Programs completed in the Summer term cannot be processed until August.
A completed certification application packet includes the following:
* Certification application or CACREP Supplement PRK & Form KRP
* Supplement CIT form
* Documentation of citizenship
* Online payment
DO NOT STAPLE DOCUMENTS
DO NOT PRINT ON THE BACK
Certification Application Instructions
- Click here for Certification Application Instructions for all programs except CACREP-Counseling
- Certification Application Instructions for CACREP-Counseling (Contact Christi Ellison)
The ALSDE requires citizenship documentation for all teacher certification applicants.
Please attach all required documentation. If using your driver’s license, please submit a copy of the front and the back. Please note this is a two page form.
Each certificate requires a $30 application and transaction fee.
Please note: Elementary/Collab will be $60 plus transaction fee.
Important Points to Remember:
- Completed certification applications should be submitted to the Teacher Education Services office in Wills Hall 207 in person or via U.S. postal mail. Do not overnight. Scanned images will not be accepted. Original signatures are required.
- Submitting incomplete and/or hand-written applications will cause a delay in processing.
- Submitting applications after the deadline may cause a delay in processing.
- Completed applications received after graduation will be processed as a group in a separate submission to the ALSDE.
- TES will begin processing applications after graduation and will usually have them processed and sent to the ALSDE within two weeks after graduation. A “Completion of Program and Internship” form will be emailed to your UM forum email the week after graduation.
- Check your certification status with the Alabama State Department of Education at: