Praxis at Home through ETS is available. If you elect to register for at-home testing, you must designate both the University of Montevallo and the Alabama State Department of Education as a score recipient by using the code 7020. This is the only way the ALSDE will receive the scores.
Please note: There are equipment and environmental requirements for testing at home that are designated by Proctor U. Your test may be cancelled by Proctor U if the requirements are not met. ETS provides a preparation checklist to ensure that you meet the Praxis at Home requirements. ETS/Praxis at Home requirements, click here.
The Alabama State Department of Education requires students in teacher education programs to complete tests for certification. Please refer to the information below to ascertain which test or series of tests your program requires:
*Alternative Masters applicants can be admitted with an Alternate Test Score if their undergraduate GPA is below a 2.75
Updated testing requirements for September 1, 2020
- Elementary Multiple Subjects Praxis #5001 will be replaced by Elementary Multiple Subjects Praxis #5901; scores from #5001 may be combined with scores from #5901.
- Teaching Reading #5204 will be replaced by Teaching Reading: Elementary #5205; students are encouraged to take #5205 as it is currently available.
- Mathematics Content Knowledge #5161 will increase from 155 to 160; this should be the last increase.
- Collaborative K-6 students are now required to take Teaching Reading #5205 along with Elementary Multiple Subjects #5901 and Special Education #5354.
Tips and Best Practices:
- Candidates need to make sure they are including both UM and the ALSDE as score recipients. The code for ALSDE is 7020, and is listed on the testing page of the TES website.
- Candidates need to confirm the equipment and environmental requirements before they register for any test. If these requirements are not met, they will not be allowed to test. A link to the requirements can be found on our testing page.
- Changing the date and/or time of a test can be done through ProctorU, but cancelling at test must be done through Praxis Customer Service.