New, rescheduled date!
We would be honored to have you and your students join us for this event! The 2022 University of Montevallo Festival Choral Day is designed to affirm the participation of young singers in the vocal arts. The choirs are comprised of high school and middle school students throughout the State of Alabama. Students work closely with the festival clinician in intense rehearsals focusing on musicianship skills, voice building, and ensemble performance. The choir also rehearses and performs side-by-side with University of Montevallo Choirs, some of the state’s foremost collegiate choirs. Our goal is to provide students with the highest level of musical achievement through education and performance experiences. Students will experience concerts and masterclasses, and will perform with seasoned professionals on traditional and exciting new choral repertoire.
New date: Monday, April 18, 2022
Location: Palmer Auditorium
Registration deadline: March 18,2022
Festival Choral Day Clinicians:
- 2022 TTBB Festival Clinician: Dr. Terrance Brown, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
- 2022 SSAA Festival Clinician: Dr. Phillip Stockton, Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS
- 2022 Interest Session Clinician: Dr. Tiffany Bostic-Brown, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
Festival Choral Day Highlights:
- No preparation necessary!
- Music will be provided on-site!
- Final Sing! will be held at UM Palmer Auditorium
- 2022 Festival Choral Day Registration is now open!
- Application deadline: Friday, March 18, 2022. Student Registration – $20.00 before March 18, 2022 and $25.00 after
- Online Registration – click button above
2022 Festival Schedule:
- 8:00am-8:45am Registration
- 9:00am-12:00pm Rehearsal, UM Voice Showcase, Admissions Presentation, Teacher Session
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Lunch (on your own)
- 1:00pm-4:00pm Rehearsal, UMCC Performance and Opera Scene Performance
- 4:30pm Performance: Final Sing!
- 5:00pm Depart from Campus