2021-2022 VERIFICATION OF FAFSA:
For the 2021-2022 aid year, not all students selected for Verification are required to complete the process as of July 13, 2021 to receive Federal Title IV Aid. Please review the information below and check your email for further guidance and next steps, if required to complete Verification. For questions regarding Verification, you may contact KHEAA at 1-855-272-8771.
2022-2023 VERIFICATION OF FAFSA:
At this time Verification is required, for those selected, to complete the process to receive Federal Title IV Aid.
Why do I have to complete the Verification process?
Every year the U. S. Department of Education selects a percentage of Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSAs) for an accuracy check called Verification. If your application is selected for Verification, you will need to submit certain information to allow your FAFSA to be checked for accuracy before any Federal Student Aid can be offered.
What do I do next?
KHEAA completes the Verification process for the University of Montevallo (UM). If you are selected for Verification, you will receive an email notification from UM and KHEAA on how to proceed. Much of the information can be submitted electronically to KHEAA, making the process easier and more convenient for students and parents.
What am I required to do during the Verification process?
- Go to MyKHEAA.com.
- “Sign In” with the student’s My KHEAA ID and password or “Register” if you are a first-time user. Parents of dependent students must also “Register” an account at MyKHEAA.com.
- After signing in, click on “KHEAA Verify,” then “Student Worksheet.”
- Complete and e-sign the Student Worksheet. Submit, along with any other Verification documents to KHEAA Verify. Parents of dependent students must also e-sign the Student Worksheet.
- Monitor your My KHEAA account weekly and submit any missing or additional requested information to KHEAA Verify as soon as possible. Your KHEAA Verification requirement will update to “Satisfied” on your Banner Self Service portal once your FAFSA Verification has been completed.
- If KHEAA Verify has to make corrections to your FAFSA, you and UM will receive a reprocessed FAFSA.
- A few days after Verification is complete and all other requirements are “Satisfied” on your Banner Self Service portal, you should receive a financial aid offer notification that will be sent to your UM email.
Where do I submit Verification documents?
Submit all Verification documents to KHEAA Verify rather than the Student Aid office at UM.
P.O. Box 4048
Frankfort, KY 40604
The Student Worksheet should be completed and signed electronically at MyKHEAA.com. Other documentation may be faxed, mailed, or submitted through KHEAA’s document upload feature. Please include your UM student ID on all documents.
Are there deadline dates?
All Verification documents should be received by KHEAA by August 1 of the aid year to guarantee a student will be provided with a financial aid package before the start of the fall semester and by December 1 of the aid year to guarantee that a student will be provided with a financial aid package before the start of the spring semester. UM does NOT offer Federal Student Aid until the Verification process is complete. Don’t wait! Complete Verification as soon as possible!
Students must complete Verification no later than 120 days after the student’s last date of enrollment for the 2022–2023 aid year or the published date from the Department of Education, which has not been released, but should be on or around September 16, 2023, whichever is earlier.
Students must complete Verification no later than 120 days after the student’s last date of enrollment for the 2021–2022 aid year or the published date from the Department of Education of September 17, 2022, whichever is earlier.
What if I need help?
Call KHEAA at 855-272-8771 or contact the UM Student Aid Office at 205-665-6050.