UMPD and UM Sustainability have partnered together to create a Bicycle Registration Program.
Students, Faculty, and Staff are encouraged to register their bicycles at no cost. This program is voluntary and offers the following advantages:
- Serves as a deterrent to theft
- Assists in the identification of lost or stolen bicycles.
- Easily notify the owner of lost or abandoned bicycles.
- Helps the University better plan for the future of bicycle facilities.
Registering your bicycle is easy, just follow the steps below:
- Download and fill out the Bicycle Registration Form.
- E-mail the completed form and a picture of your bicycle to firstname.lastname@example.org
- UMPD will notify you through your UM email account when your decal is ready to be picked up at the UM Police Department.
- Stop by the UMPD Office to pick up your decal and place it on the seat post or top tube of your bicycle.
This decal does not expire. If you replace your registered bicycle, please notify UMPD so our records can be updated.