THE ALBERT PURNELL JONES II MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
To provide financial assistance to an outstanding and deserving student attending the University of Montevallo. The students major or studies should be in a field of service to humanity or to the community.
The Fund was established in January of 2020 by the University of Montevallo Police Department. The Fund will be used to benefit the University of Montevallo Police Department employees, their dependents, or a relative of Albert P. Jones II, who is a current student at the University of Montevallo.
- The applicant can be a dependent of a University of Montevallo Police Department employee, a student worker or relative of Albert P. Jones II.
- The applicant must be a student at the University of Montevallo.
- The applicant must have a 2.5 or higher GPA.
- There is a minimum of 3 class hours per semester.
- You must submit a completely filled application with a letter stating why you feel you are the best candidate for this scholarship.
- The scholarship can only be used to pay fees and/or purchase books and other class related materials.
- The scholarship is not to be given as a cash award but to be paid to the recipient’s student account.
- The scholarship will not automatically renew. Any candidate seeking to receive the scholarship for a second time must re-submit all the required paperwork.
The application procedure and selection of recipient(s) will be handled by the Police Department’s Scholarship Committee. If a member of the committee or their dependent is applying for the scholarship, that committee member will not be eligible to participate in the award process that year.