Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Donor advised funds
- Commercial annuities
- Bank and brokerage accounts
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here’s how to name the University of Montevallo as a beneficiary:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement plan, insurance policy, bank or brokerage account or donor advised fund for a change-of-beneficiary form or simply download a form from your provider’s website.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
A wealth advisor or other advisors specializing in tax and estate planning will be able to provide advice specific to your priorities and can be a valuable source of information in making the right choice for your situation.